Monday, April 20, 2009

The Girl and The Girl

I know that I have been slacking lately but Connie that DOES NOT mean that I will be dealing with your tag today, wench...

It does however mean, that I forgot to mention that I finally met THE GIRL!

Hubby and C3 went out of town last weekend to a football camp and since I am the wild woman that I am (right...) I called C1 and asked him if he would like to go to dinner on Friday night and bring THE GIRL. He gladly accepted and plans were made. He tried to back out of it on Thursday with an excuse that THE GIRL had already made plans to go out with an old friend (uh, helloooo, at 25, you do NOT have old friends, maybe at my age...) and wanted to know if I could rearrange my schedule. GUESS what my answer was?

So the plan was that they would come pick me up at 7:30 and we would head out to a nice seafood restaurant. Thankfully I had the day off and decided to go to the mall to seek out THE perfect outfit to one up THE GIRL. Me, shopping at the mall, what next? Managed to find a good outfit, that said 'Mom' but definitely 'Hot Mom' then went and had my nails done, got a pedicure and took my time divaing myself up and then sat and waited and waited and waited. They finally arrived at 8:45 and luckily for THE GIRL, I can honestly blame this on my own child.

I greeted her with a big ol' Texas hug (thought I'd throw her right off) even though I'm not a hugger unless I know someone. Think that shock effect worked well... Dinner went well and after a cosmo (or more) my nerves were settled. And I actually liked her. Couldn't find any fault with her, she was definitely more nervous than me and wasn't a huge conversationalist but admittedly I was on top of my game and didn't give her much opportunity. Score Kat!

She's cute, not as cute as the pictures I had seen and she definitely didn't go shopping for an outfit to impress me, hmmm... A little on the thin side, or maybe that was just my jealousy and my being on the not so thin side... But anyway, so far, it's been a little over a week and they are still dating, so I think we can officially rename her so she will now be called 'M.'


That would be because we now have a new THE GIRL but this one would be C2's...
Don't know her name yet nor have I met her, but I have seen pictures. She's cute, blonde (darn), a college graduate (yea) and employed (double yea). They seemed to have hit it off and C2 is smitten. Smitten enough to tell his Dad, that she 'might be the one...' Of course time will tell and until then she is now THE GIRL.
Could this mean, would it happen, is it possible that maybe someday I might actually get to be a grandma? Yep, I doubt it too...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I'm super impressed your son wore a jacket to dinner- wow- you've raised him super well. Second of all she's cute and sweet and all things southerners should be!

Gully Girl said...

Oh, you'll be grandma one way or another!

She is cute, and of COURSE your look said "hot mom"! :)

And C2 has a new lady, huh? What is this world coming to!?!?

Bev said...

Wow! Both boys with girlfriends? Yep. You just may be a grandma someday! Your boys are still young. There is PLENTY of time. I hope you have a great week, my friend!

Tracie said...

I wanna see the pic of your "hot momma"!! So glad you like her, don't tell or it might jinx it. 1 down 1 to go! Good job Kat!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, where's the picture of YOU? She's cute though- definate potential there.

When are you going to meet the OTHER girl?

Jane! said...

Why am I picturing that poor girl going to dinner with the Texas version of Alexis Carrington? Poah thang!

Lulu said...

It is wrong of me to say that I'm glad my mother in law was not at all intimidating? Kat, you would have scared the shyt out of me!!!