Friday, March 11, 2011

So I skipped a few days...

Was really trying to get back here on a semi/quasi/dailyish basis and then once again - life happened.

Work has been busy. I'm hiring and firing them left and right. Anyone want a job? I pay good and I'm really not that big of a bitch, I swear, just expect you to SHOW UP and SELL INSURANCE. Really, that's all I ask. Sigh...

True story - today I fired one that I let hang on WAY too long, but sometimes you just keep hoping that they'll turn it around. Personally this woman grated on my every single nerve and I would have let her go a long time ago but my partner kept telling me to let her have one more chance... So for the eighth time in less than 4 months she calls in sick yesterday. I haven't called in sick 8 times in 4 years - wtf? Anyway, I fire her this morning and actually felt very calm and knew that I had made the right decision. Believe it or not, it's not easy firing people and normally it's a gut wrenching, horrific experience for me more than them.

Anyhoo, let her go, sent her packing and went to let the other troops know that she was gone and why she was gone (maybe they will get the hint that I expect them to show up and work?). Morning moving along nicely and at lunch time I decided to go sit in the lunchroom with them to let them know I'm a team player, a little morale booster, ya know? THE STORIES THEY TOLD ME! YEEGADS!

Apparently this woman and her husband were 'swingers' and not only had she offered her 'services' to everyone in the office (throwing up in my mouth right now), she has a website where the 'solicit' other swingers, (again throwing up in my mouth), and they spend their weekends 'meeting' new couples and 'swinging' with them all weekend (ewwww.... threw up for real this time). I mean first, you would have to have met this woman and seen this woman AND her husband to realize how gross and nasty this is (again...) but to 'solicit' my other employees - yikes! Thank goodness I let her go so nobody sued me for a perverted work enviroment!

I mean WTF??????? (once again...)

8 comments:

Tracie said...

WoW! Why did none of the other employees bring this to your attention? That's just nasty in it's own right (to each their own-whatever) but to bring it to the work place is just over the top! ICK!

Becca said...

OMG....that is all that I have..

Gully Girl said...

Hahaha....no wonder she was sick all the time!

Lulu said...

Somehow people continue to surprise me....just when I think I've heard it all.

A guy I currently work with has a private blog, that a few of us stumbled across. On that blog he tells a story that he claims is true....in which he walked in on his ex-wife with their DOG.

Nancy said...

Just a few?

DavidShag said...

If she OFFERED her services in the office, that is a congenial workplace; if she pressed her services on folks - THAT is a perverted work place. Oh, and you didn't give us her web address...

Nancy said...

Ok, Dang it...It's been more than a few days......Just sayin'.

Becca said...

Wow chickie poo post... :-)