Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me

So I finally got my day off today and it was pretty uneventful, sort of.

Had to get C3 to school at 7 am for his 9:00 scrimmage. Of course a huge storm blew in about 6:45 am with the most magnificent lightening show and horrendous thunder and flooding rains. Dropped him at the school assuming that they would cancel the game and told him to call me and I'd pick him up. Came home and went back to bed and woke up at 9:00 and the sun was shining - crap! Threw myself together, stopped for a starbucks and flew the 20 or so miles down the road and made it just in time to sit on a wet bleacher and soak my shorts and watch them do the handshake thing and head to the bus... That sucked. Mom of the Year once again!

Since I was out anyway I decided to go shopping and buy Hubby a new wedding ring for our anniversary today. 27 years. Or is it 28? Anyway, got a slamming deal on a nice ring, shopped some more, came home and took a nap. Decided to do a low key celebration without getting all gussied up and went and had some good Mexican food and a couple of sangria's. Nice.

I was rather proud of my purchase since he has gone ringless for many, many years, (because he lost the last two...) and presented it to him at dinner. He was quite impressed and said it was the perfect ring. And then, because I am the luckiest woman in the world, married to the most wonderful man in the world (well today anyway), he took me to get my present. And he picked out this:




What a good man that Charlie Brown...

11 comments:

Tracie said...

Wow! Impressive!!

Anonymous said...

a good man indeed! happy versary Kat- haven't seen you around- glad to see you're here :) join twitter please.

flooz said...

It is delicious!

Jess said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! Happy anniversary!

Jane! said...

Holy gotrocks!
I can see why you want to keep his left hand tagged. This is even better than the spanx he bought you!
Happy Anniversary!

Baylee and Blair's page said...

Good lord! Awesome... I LURVE it!

Hugs - Tiff

Gully Girl said...

Holy smokies!! And what, no picture of his ring??

Bev said...

Sorry I missed getting to wish you a Happy Anniversary ON your anniversary....but Happy Anniversary!! Your hubby did an excellent job choosing your gift. Would you let him give MY hubby a few pointers???

Lulu said...

Holy Shizzzz....

The Lady in Pearls said...

Show off! Some of us are perfectly happy with the washers or dryers that our husband's come up with as "gifts"! NOT!

Way to go woman! That is be-A-yoooo-tiful! Quit fitting for a diva!

Happy Anniversary!

singlemommaof4 said...

Holy crap! I want one of then sparklies! Congrat's, you have probably earned it. Have a good one, D